Want to work within a supportive, positive environment whilst developing your customer service and admin skills
We are looking for like-minded individuals who have a passion for creating positive customer experiences.
A full-time position located at our distribution centre in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
- Answering customer enquiries through emails and phone calls. Enquires may include:
- Assist in resolving product or service questions and concerns by clarifying the customer's needs; determining the cause of the concern; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Go the extra mile to provide a consistent experience across all customer service channels ensuring a timely resolution of questions and concerns.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communications skills with a great phone manner.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Experience with online retail and marketplaces will be highly regarded.
- Ability to learn new systems and comfortable working in a technology-based environment.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- A positive attitude to work.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate well with a diverse team.
- To assist with tasks throughout the organization as needs demand.
- Willingness to learn new and regularly improve on existing skills.
- A pro-active personality that takes the initiative to get things done.
- Hobby and toy knowledge will also be preferred but not essential.
About Metro Hobbies
Metro Hobbies started 40 years ago in Melbourne's eastern suburbs as a specialist in radio control cars. Today, we’re one of the largest specialist toy and hobby retail groups in Australia. In our two retail stores and online channels, our product range includes Lego, toys and games, radio control, model kits, model trains, slot cars and diecast models.
We’re only small, but we think big. We’re always looking for ways we can do better. Our goal is to provide the best possible end-to-end experience to our customers. We’ve always prided ourselves on our exceptional customer service and that will always be at the heart of what we do.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resumes to Candice at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Customer Service Application’ in the subject line.
Our applications don’t have a closing date, they’ll close when we’ve found the right person. We will assess applications as they are received, so don't wait to apply!