Traxxas is the one of the toughest and bestselling names in Ready-To-Race® nitro and electric radio controlled (RC) vehicles, but sometimes things can go wrong.
We understand no one likes warranties, so we want to ensure your warranty assessment is resolved quickly. We have put together a guide for the quickest processing of your warranty.
Traxxas electronic components are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. The chassis and driveline (including the motor) are only covered against manufacturer’s defects in materials, workmanship or assembly when they are new (before being used). For a detailed explanation of what is covered by warranty, please refer to the manual included with your vehicle.
If you believe the issue falls within Traxxas warranty, we recommend emailing firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- A copy of your invoice,
- A clear photo of your vehicle and the problem area,
- A detailed description of the issue.
Alternatively, you can send this information along with your vehicle to:
Southern Model Supplies
35 Bennet Avenue
South Australia 5039
Phone: 1800 888 472
From here, a service technician will assess the vehicle and will determine if the item is covered by warranty and if so, advise on a repair, replacement (or part replacement) or refund.
If you prefer Metro Hobbies handle the warranty process, please feel free to provide the required information to us and we will liaise with Southern Model Supplies. We do note however this may add to additional time to your warranty claim.
Please note that Metro Hobbies will not issue a refund or exchange under the following circumstances:
- If the vehicle is faulty but has not yet been assessed by a Southern Model Supplies service technician.
- If the vehicle is faulty and deemed to have been not covered by warranty.
- If you simply changed your mind after running the vehicle.
- If you found the same vehicle cheaper somewhere else.
- If you decide you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
- If you misused a product in any way that caused the fault.
- If you asked for a service to be done on the vehicle in a certain way against our advice or were unclear about what you wanted.
Remember we are here to help, so if you have any questions about your Traxxas vehicle please feel free to ask.
For more information in relation to repairs and replacements under warranty, please refer to the following website:
Consumer Affairs Victoria: