Different battery types require different chargers or charge settings. Make sure your battery is suited to your charger and you have the right charge setting prior to charging your battery.
Most quality chargers will have the required settings to accommodate your battery type and voltage. Whilst some LiPo batteries can be charged at high rates, the safest rate is 1C - 1 amp for every 1000mah of your battery. For example; a 3000mAh battery should ideally be charged at 3 amps. This will yield approximately a one hour charge time.
Here are some charger safety tips:
- Designate a safe, clean, non-flammable surface to setup your charging area (such as away from wood, cloth and carpet).
- Before using or charging a battery inspect the battery for any signs of damage, deformity or swelling. Any evidence of the abovementioned and the battery may not be safe to use and should be disposed of safely.
- Double check the polarity is correct when connecting your battery (red wire to red, black to black)
- Do not charge batteries when unattended or leave on charge for extended periods of time.
- Always check the manufacturer’s instructions for your battery and charger before getting started.
Don’t forget, we are here to help so let us know if you have any questions!