Metro Hobbies respects the privacy of the personal information of visitors to this website and is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and its National Privacy Principles.
When referring to “personal information”, we refer to all information which identify you as an individual, or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your name, address and phone number are examples of personal information.
How Metro Hobbies will collect personal information
We may collect personal information about you, such as:
- Your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details when purchasing goods or services;
- Information to enable you to subscribe to email newsletters;
- Information for us to respond to questions about our products and services, and may be by telephone;
- Information from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or representatives.
This information may be collected by us and by our third party service providers who assist us in operating the website. This may be collected when:
- You open an account with us;
- You register to provide us the information for online purchases;
- You order goods or services either by fax, telephone, email or via this website; or
- You submit questions or submit feedback about our website.
How your personal information will be used and disclosed
We may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you on this website:
- For the purposes for which it was collected, such as securing a transaction and delivering products or services to you.
- Where you have consented to the use of disclosure.
- To email you newsletters or other updates (if you have requested to receive them). You may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe feature set out in the email or contact us directly.
- To send you text messages about exclusive sales and promos (if you have subscribed to this feature) You may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link in the last message received or contact us directly.
Metro Hobbies may disclose your personal information to third party organisations including:
- Government authorities or agencies and other organisations as required or permitted by law;
- Credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
- Professional advisers and contractors of Metro Hobbies;
- Related companies of Metro Hobbies; and
- To other parties, when you have given your consent.
How your personal information will be secure
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We cannot ensure the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online such as emails. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our possession.
Mobile Terms of Service (SMS)
The Metro Hobbies mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Metro Hobbies (“Metro Hobbies”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Metro Hobbies’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Metro Hobbies through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Metro Hobbies. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18336770846 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Metro Hobbies mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18336770846 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
Metro Hobbies is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this site via hyperlinks.
Further information may be obtained at www.privacy.gov.au
Advertising opt out
When visiting Metro Hobbies website, third parties may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. To opt out of targeted advertising, some available third-party opt-out tools include: the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (Europe only). On ads served to you, click the logo of the provider (eg: AdChoices) positioned with the ad to learn more about interest-based advertising, who served the ad, and manage your ad options. You can also opt out of seeing personalised ads using the NAI opt out tool here.
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/
Network Advertising Initiative: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (Europe only): https://help.adroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/%20http:/www.youronlinechoices.com/
NAI Opt Out: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1